1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Seats Shot

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by buzzkutt, Jan 19, 2009.

1. buzzkutt

buzzkutt New Member

My front drivers seat frame is shot(pictures to follow). What years and or models will interchange with my 94 Burban'.

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I don't know for sure, but I'd expect that any seat from 1992 thru 2000 should fit w/o too much trouble. What was the "failure mode"?

3. buzzkutt

buzzkutt New Member

The frame in the right corner broke where it was welded. I took it and had it welded about a year ago but it broke again. I think the seat frame was bent before I bought it and it has a constant pressure on it from being out of line. I took some pics and will post when I get home tonight. My company has a policy on posting pics on non company web sites. I am looking at seats on ebay now. Thanks:money:

4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

92 thru 2000 without any modifications. 2001 to 2008 with modifications.
    If your gonna use the same covering and padding you'll probably get a better deal on a seat frame from a local auto recycler.

5. daddytech

daddytech Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

87 - 96 oem seats will bolt right in they are the same. you can buy the custom ones on ebay too but some of them are kinda pricey. I would see if you have a pull a part or pick n pull in your area and try to get a new one that way too might come out way ahead.

Also if it's the frame that has the issues you might find some of them on ebay or in a junk yard somewhere too much cheaper than buying a whole new seat.

6. buzzkutt

buzzkutt New Member

Thanks for the info, I have jury rigged it so it is drivable but it won't last for long. I will check out some of the advice and get back.