1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Second row bench/bucket seat interchangability?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by BurbanShopper, Nov 11, 2008.

1. BurbanShopper

BurbanShopper New Member

Does anyone know if, on the 2000-2006 Suburban or Yukon XL, the second row bench is interchangable with two bucket seats and vise versa? Thanks.
  2. Shaheed

Shaheed New Member

Good question! I want to know as well.
  3. raisor87

raisor87 Rockstar 100 Posts

i don't know about that year but I did a 95 with little modification needed. Just had to heat and bend a couple mounting tabs into place
  4. choo

choo New Member

I have a 99 I'd like to put second row buckets or captains seats in , where did you get get the seats from? As for the 2000 thru 2006 it shouldn't be a problem second row buckets was an option then.
  5. raisor87

raisor87 Rockstar 100 Posts

I believe they were the front captain seats out of an oldsmobile silloette minivan
  6. choo

choo New Member

thanxs , time to do some bone yard shopping.
  7. scarbro2008

scarbro2008 New Member

Try this source for seats. Really nice selections.

http://www.discountvantruck.com/

I'm going to replace the front bench seat on my 1991 with a Split bench with console.
  8. pghsurburban

pghsurburban New Member

Did you (or anyone out there) ever so this? I have captain seats in my 2004 Suburban and would like to put in a 60/40 bench seat, but I have heard mixed opinions on how possible this is?

I am not very mechanical - is this something I can easily swap out (assuming I can find the seat)?

Thanks!
    Mike
  9. benc

benc New Member

I have a 2008 Suburban with the titanium leather seats. I am looking to swap the 2nd row bench seat with captians chairs. If anyone is wanting to swap please let me know.
  10. jeff325ci

jeff325ci New Member

swap 60/40 for bucket

I have a 2004 with the rear 60/40 seat in tan leather, what color are your buckets, do they recline, and would you be willing to swap?

Thanks, Jeff