Second row bench/bucket seat interchangability?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by BurbanShopper, Nov 11, 2008.

1. BurbanShopper

BurbanShopper New Member

Does anyone know if, on the 2000-2006 Suburban or Yukon XL, the second row bench is interchangable with two bucket seats and vise versa? Thanks.

2. Shaheed

Shaheed New Member

Good question! I want to know as well.

3. raisor87

raisor87 Rockstar 100 Posts

i don't know about that year but I did a 95 with little modification needed. Just had to heat and bend a couple mounting tabs into place

4. choo

choo New Member

I have a 99 I'd like to put second row buckets or captains seats in , where did you get get the seats from? As for the 2000 thru 2006 it shouldn't be a problem second row buckets was an option then.

5. raisor87

raisor87 Rockstar 100 Posts

I believe they were the front captain seats out of an oldsmobile silloette minivan

6. choo

choo New Member

thanxs , time to do some bone yard shopping.

7. scarbro2008

scarbro2008 New Member

Try this source for seats. Really nice selections.

http://www.discountvantruck.com/

I'm going to replace the front bench seat on my 1991 with a Split bench with console.

8. pghsurburban

pghsurburban New Member

Did you (or anyone out there) ever so this? I have captain seats in my 2004 Suburban and would like to put in a 60/40 bench seat, but I have heard mixed opinions on how possible this is?

I am not very mechanical - is this something I can easily swap out (assuming I can find the seat)?

Thanks!
    Mike

9. benc

benc New Member

I have a 2008 Suburban with the titanium leather seats. I am looking to swap the 2nd row bench seat with captians chairs. If anyone is wanting to swap please let me know.

10. jeff325ci

jeff325ci New Member

swap 60/40 for bucket

I have a 2004 with the rear 60/40 seat in tan leather, what color are your buckets, do they recline, and would you be willing to swap?

Thanks, Jeff