1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Security Light on 2000 Silverado

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by thehunt, Apr 20, 2010.

1. thehunt

thehunt New Member

I have a 2000 silverado 4x4, the security light is always on even while driving. No problems with starting. The fuel gage is also erratic at times. Any thoughts
  2. colorado_kool-aid

colorado_kool-aid New Member

My truck security light used to do the same thing "just stay on". but not long after it wouldn't start once and a while. chevys our years have problems with the "passlock system". I guess the truck thinks its getting stolen, so it shuts down the power to the injectors.

p.s. keep an eye on fuel prussure. pumps have problems too!

Good ol' Government Motors!!!
  3. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

The fuel guage is related to the fuel pump module. GM installed the modules and didnt insulate the connectors from the corrosion of Gasoline.. Eventually you will completely lose your gas guage, and possibly your fuel pump shortly after that...
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Is there any solution or best practice for the Security Light issue as related to passlock?
  5. silverado002

silverado002 Member 100 Posts

Did you check for DTC codes? Sometimes the security light acts as a failure indicator.