Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

security light on on my 09 sierra not starting.

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by sharp06shooter, Dec 15, 2012.

1. sharp06shooter

sharp06shooter New Member

Ok so yesterday I had to leave my truck behind because it wouldn't stay on let me explain. I had an aftermarket alarm and remote start put on my 09 sierra 5.3 and worked fine for 6 months now when I went to turn the truck on it started then after about 3 seconds cut off. I also noticed the security light stays on solid when the key is in the ignition. Not to mention after a couple of tres to start the truck with my key, it quit working(the key) but the remote start would start the truck for a couple of seconds. Any ideas? Remove the alarm?

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

First suggestion would be to remove the aftermarket alarm, hopefully that solves the issue.
    If your wanting remote start your probably better off adding the factory system, it's not as expensive as you might think if you source the parts on line and have the dealer do only the programing.

3. sharp06shooter

sharp06shooter New Member

That's exactly what I'm going to do this morning I'm just frustrated with the aftermarket alarm I'm going back with the factory.