1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

See how after-market wheels look on YOUR truck with this Interactive Wheel System

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by mfleetwood, Apr 22, 2011.

1. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Hey all, I searched the forum and did not see this tool listed anywhere, so I apologize in advance if this is a duplicate.....

I stumbled across a great link that lets you pick out rims to see how the look on your ride.

It's simple and fast to use: once you select your vehicle and other vehicle details, you then choose a wheel brand name/style/color from the menu of pics below. Once you select a wheel, it automatically adds it to the computer generated pic of your vehicle. It even takes into consideration the wheel's diameter (however, tire size does not change).

Hopefully, this will help answers the many "what does that wheel look like on my vehicle" questions that are asked, as well as aid in the overall search for that perfect wheel.

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/in...aign=MSN2011&mmcid=EB_ACM:727:2258060:4696259
  2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

played with it for a little bit, its interesting. im not planning on changing rims, but fun to play with and see whats available non the less.

Alex
  3. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

That's a good one Mike & for the exact reason you stated. That question gets asked a lot.
    Now if we could just settle the question of what looks better "white letters out, or blackwalls out"
  4. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
  5. mfleetwood

Yeah...these are just fun little cool tools that will hopefully help out. And Stephan, to answer your question, maybe you should start a thread poll?! It would be interesting to see the results.
  6. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

as far as white letters vs. black letters out, im gonna say white, but it does somewhat depend on the tire, some i like some i dont.

Alex
  7. clgoch187

clgoch187 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

too bad they dont have a larger selection
  8. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

White letters out or blackwalls out has been asked before, but the body color wasn't specified & I think it makes a lot of difference depending on dark or light paint. Also wheel color & alloy makes a big diff too, so I think there are probably about 100 different answers to that question & they all have merit.
  9. mfleetwood

I agree..the choices are limited from both sites in terms of specific makes.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Yeah...one of those questions in which one answer will never cover all of the possibilities.
  10. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

It would be nice if they included stock rims in their library. I tried to use it to see what my truck with the stock rims would look like with the stock rims with different tires.