Sensor list

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by SRIslash, Feb 18, 2012.

1. SRIslash

SRIslash New Member

Does anyone know of a listing for sensors for my 1989 4.3 Chev shorty.I've decided to rebuild this truck but it is currently giving me sensor/electrical issues.I will be getting a rebuilt or really good used engine and figure I should just replace every sensor new.I know there is only 5-6 that are neccesary to make these run.Thanks for any input.Shawn

2. Chris Miller

Chris Miller Rockstar 100 Posts

MAP sensor
    Throttle Position Sensor
    Idle Air Control Valve
    Oxygen Sensor
    Coolant Temperature Sensor
    Temperature Switch
    Knock Sensor
    Speed Sensor
    EGR Solenoid

3. GMCErica

GMCErica Rockstar 3 Years GMTC Chick 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

4. SRIslash

SRIslash New Member

Thanks folks,now to find a caring engine builder in Vancouver.If I had a shop at my disposal I do it myself.I'm hunting but can't find anyone to do anything but slap something together.

5. GMCErica

I didnt know that you were living in Vancouver, I am in Fort St John, about 15 hours drive North of you. I know tons of auto guys all over BC, if you tell where you live, I will get a hold of my parts guy, and see if he knows someone good! :)

6. SRIslash

SRIslash New Member

Oh so many years ago I was all hooked up with the car thing(had a 1977 Camaro with a 1990 vette engine) but I got married and the wife was scared of the car and well,you know.Anyway I find myself not wanting a new $50,000 truck that I can't touch in the future.So it's time to get back into it somewhat. I live in Surrey/White Rock so if you can give me a heads up on someone who would like to help me build a good clean efficient 4.3 that would so cool.Shawn

7. SRIslash

SRIslash New Member

Coulda swore I replied here earlier today.

Any help you could point me in the direction of would be awesome.Thanks Erica.Way back I had all the car group going on(I had a 1977 Camaro with an 1990 Vette engine in it)That was 20 years ago,I got married and the car scared the wife.Well she's gone and it's time to be able to dable with cars/trucks a bit.This is why I would like to keep this shorty alive because I can pop the hood and still do something.So I'm in Surrey/White Rock and would like to find someone who could help me build a clean,efficient 4.3 for my truck.Thanks,Shawn

8. GMCErica

I will check on the mechanic shops for you this week... I know what it is like to give up something for someone (ex Hub), the Motrocycle is too fast and you will get hurt, if you dont give it up, then I am leaving... So, I gave it up and he still left.. LOL so then I bought one bike, snowmobile, truck ..haha... Ill msg you and let you know... :)

9. SRIslash

SRIslash New Member

Thanks.I appreciate it.Don't know where all the buddies went.Made a concerted effort to do car shows and stuff last year ,but found no one.Life happens.