1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

September was good to me....

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Patriot, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Patriot

Patriot New Member

SO, I have been driving chevy/GMC since my first vehicle almost 9 years ago, had a 95 GMC 1500 2wd longbed with 5.7 in it, jusst got rear ended in it in the beginning of September right at 199,700. Rear end and ABS system were toasted so good ole full coverage insurance on my 15 year old vehicle came through and I picked up a 98 1/2 Ton 2wd LS Suburban with 172k PERFECTLY maintained miles and a brand new 4l80E tranny at 150k for $2500 from a 77 year old retiree who bought a 2011 corvette (super wealthy).

I will put pictures up as soon as my crappy digi cam is charged, but I am not kidding when I say PERFECTLY maintained, every service record since 1998 in glove box totaling almost 20K over 12 years, interior had husky liners on it since the day off the lot AND it is a Rarity according to the GM VIN decoder site, one of only 2 built with same options, basically old man saw I really needed a reliable rig and tossed me a bone since he had the means to do so.

List of Service records
    New 4 Core Radiator at 90k
    New HD Brake Rotors at 90k
    Rear Drum to Disc conversion at 90k also HD
    New ignition and all electrical at 100k
    New Master Brake Cylinder at 100k
    New PS unit at 100k
    New Front and Rear A/C at 120K
    Recoat and rust proof of frame at 100k
    New HD Driveline at 120k
    New Front and Rear Axle at 120k Rear End is Still Limited Slip Posi-Trac as was from factory.
    New NOT refurb 4l80e HD at 150k just 2 years ago and new Factory Transmission cooler to go with it.

ALL of these things were done PREVENTATIVELY by previous owner, most of it was replacing perfectly running parts just because he could (anal) and was garaged all its life. Also all wiring, cables, and compressor or cooling lines were replaced along with their respected parts, this is literally the 0.000001% percentile of people and how they maintain their vehicles, which I was a part of but did not knew anyone else cared for their vehicles like this as I had never witnessed it outside of my family.

List of things I have done since Purchase
    Amsoil Dual bypass Oil Filter just today.
    All New 02 Sensors
    New Fram Air filter and Filter Housing (old one did not seal right)

SO pictures will be up within 15...glad to be a part of this madness, pretty cool community setup here.

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club.

3. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club!

4. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!

5. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard!

6. rip5164

rip5164 Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome to the club. That's quite the list. I try but never seem to be that much over the top.

7. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Nice find. Good luck with it and charge that camera. :)

8. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome...

Wow, I am never that lucky.

9. Sam_A

Sam_A Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome to the club!

10. KWG08VMI

KWG08VMI Rockstar 100 Posts

Congrats, I can only dream of finding something along those lines.