Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Serious oil leak, help.

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by 99burba, Nov 4, 2010.

1. 99burba

99burba New Member

Was driving and noticed the CEL started flashing. It only flashes when I go over 30mph and then goes back to solid when I go below 10mph. Anyway, everything sounds fine, no knocking or ticking, but when I got home I crawled under it and found a mess.

Please have a look at the pictures and maybe point me somewhere to start. Looks like it is mostly between the oil pan and the transmission case.

photo 4.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    photo 5.jpg

2. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I would have said oil cooler lines/oil filter adapter till I saw the last pic of the starter. Pretty sure the the oil pressure sender is at the back of the block, behind the distributor. I would start it cold, when the oil pressure is higher, and look around. Maybe get someone to rev the engine to 2,000 for a little more pressure/flow.