1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Service 4wd light

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by johnlazelle, Sep 21, 2013.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. johnlazelle

johnlazelle New Member

Hello all,

Recently when i went to take our 2002 GMC Yukon XL 1500 out of 4wd, i lost all lights on the transfer case control switch and the service 4wd light came on in the panel. I replaced the transfer case control switch, but that did not solve the problem. I still have no lights on in the control switch and still have the warning light "service 4wd" Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    John

2. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

So I'm goin to guess that it will not shift into 4wd now?

3. darnie1987

darnie1987 Rockstar 100 Posts

its more than ikely your shift acutator motor. and or the silanoid in side " looks like a small black donut"

4. johnlazelle

johnlazelle New Member

So i decided to look at everything again and i found a "atc" fuse that was blown and it ended up being the problem all along! Yes, I feel stupid! But glad the problem is fixed!

5. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

No worries boss. Glad you could get it fixed for .05$ lol

6. darnie1987

darnie1987 Rockstar 100 Posts

glad thats all it was. my bad i though u said u checked the fuses... but its better than a actuator motor :)

7. wodge1

wodge1 New Member

I posted a little while back about a 4wd problem on my 05 Yukon, now I can't find the post or figure out how to make a new post. Any way , after taking the dash switch apart and seeing nothing wrong with it, I put it back in. Since then, the battery has gone dead twice and now the neutral lite is on but it's in 2wd. Hooboys

8. wodge1

wodge1 New Member

I had the same problem, 2 computer scans said it was the motor, but it turns out it was the sensor on the motor