1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

"SERVICE 4WD" message

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by W1T3OUT918, Oct 24, 2012.

1. W1T3OUT918

W1T3OUT918 New Member

im still getting used to how to post new threads so sorry if this is already on here.

i was playing witht he 4wd on auto one day to see how well it worked and after i put it back in 2wd it said service 4wd on HUD, it wouldnt even let me put it in 4wd. i went home thinking i had broken somethin. went inside ate after bout an hour i came back out and thought i would give it another go...worked jus fine i even went out and played in the mud some and didnt give me any engine codes or anything. jus like it never happened...anbody else have this problem ever?
  2. gabethesvg

gabethesvg New Member

i shut my truck off with auto on and it did the same thing. i thought the same....great i broke something. but when i stopped to get gas, shut her off came back and got back on the road light was gone. only thing i can think of is that i shifted it into auto when i was on the freeway so maybe that set something off.