Service air bag????

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 1st Synthetics, Jul 7, 2009.

1. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Yes I plan on taking it to the dealer just haven't had the time yet. I want all the bugs worked out of this truck before i do the mods that void the warranty.

2. ahm1127

ahm1127 Rockstar 100 Posts

I am going to hook up laptop to my truck tonight to see if it will tell me. I have SERVICE AIR BAG & the air bag light on. All fuses good, seem to be a lot of things that could affect air bags.

3. 1st Synthetics

Just got home from the dealer. Bad airbag module under drivers seat. They had to order it so I guess I'll be going back.

4. ahm1127

ahm1127 Rockstar 100 Posts

At least that should be covered under warranty. I hooked up my lap top (Auto Enginuity) & it wont read anything about the air bag, back to the dealer!

5. 1st Synthetics

All fixed under warranty!

6. Al Stefanelli

Al Stefanelli Member

I fixed this problem almost 20 years ago with the help of a divorce lawyer.. :lol:

7. gizzymark

gizzymark New Member

Hello, my airbag warning light just came on yesterday. This may be coincidence...but my petite wife just drove it. She is 5'2" and I'm 6'5". Bottom line is I have the seat all the way back, and she has it all the way forward to reach the pedals. Could moving the seat so far have an effect? Thanks, Mark

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

PS...there are no codes thrown in the system. I have a basic OBD II reader, nothing fancy.

8. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Have you brought this to the attention of your local dealer? I can also look into this for you with your VIN. Please feel free to contact me via private message. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

9. gizzymark

gizzymark New Member

PM sent...thanks Tricia.
    -Mark

10. gizzymark

gizzymark New Member

Tricia could not find any additional info based on my VIN. There must be a diagnosis thread somewhere on the internet...such as how to check the seat sensors and crash sensors. Anyone? Anyone? Is there another forum or website with more information?

-Thanks, Mark.