1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

"Service Brake System" message

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by redneckarmyMP, May 10, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP New Member 100 Posts

Recently, my truck has been giving me the Service Brake System message when i start my truck up. I can immediatley turn the truck off and then back on and it will go away. Just to be on the safe side, I have replaced all 4 rotors and all brake pads, but still get the message.
    Anybody know what else could be causing this? Bad sensor? It's driving me INSANE!
  2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I would say it has something to do with the ABS brake system, considering it's the only computerized component in a brake system. You want to pull the code with a reader; it will most likely need to be an ABS-specific coade reader. Find out what the code says, and go from there.
  3. UpsetProps

UpsetProps New Member 100 Posts

I had this light come on in my 2007 when driving down the road occasionally or when trying to roll up 2 windows at once.

The problem was some grounds on the frame that needed to be cleaned. It was a common problem on some of the 04-07 Silverados I believe.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2012
  4. dipstick

dipstick New Member 100 Posts

Try disconnecting battery for 10 minutes see if it comes back.