"Service Brake System" message

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by redneckarmyMP, May 10, 2012.

1. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Recently, my truck has been giving me the Service Brake System message when i start my truck up. I can immediatley turn the truck off and then back on and it will go away. Just to be on the safe side, I have replaced all 4 rotors and all brake pads, but still get the message.
    Anybody know what else could be causing this? Bad sensor? It's driving me INSANE!

2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I would say it has something to do with the ABS brake system, considering it's the only computerized component in a brake system. You want to pull the code with a reader; it will most likely need to be an ABS-specific coade reader. Find out what the code says, and go from there.

3. UpsetProps

UpsetProps Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I had this light come on in my 2007 when driving down the road occasionally or when trying to roll up 2 windows at once.

The problem was some grounds on the frame that needed to be cleaned. It was a common problem on some of the 04-07 Silverados I believe.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2012
  4. dipstick

dipstick Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Try disconnecting battery for 10 minutes see if it comes back.