1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Service Engine Light

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by pennyhm, Mar 9, 2007.

1. pennyhm

pennyhm New Member

I have a 2003 TrailBlazer, recently purchased it used, no Car Fax purchased before buying the Chevrolet. Has been running fine, a clicking noise every now and then from under the hood. Service Engine light came on when turning a corner this afternoon. Fluids look ok and are full, had to add a little bit of coolant. Belts are ok. Anything else I can check or I should do before taking it in for service? I had a MPV a few years ago that did this right under 80K miles (which the TB is at now -- about 78K miles) and all that was going on w/ it is that it needed the exhaust system serviced. Wondering if this happens w/ the Trail Blazers as well. Thanks for any tips, advice, etc.
  2. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome aboard pennyhm, The clicking noise could be 100 things. As for sevice engine soon light you'll need to identify code for sure. Depending on that exhaust leak (how big) it could be back pressure issue. My 03 was missing 3 PCM updates on software and O2 sensor was gone, but engine light was not on go figure. It would barely run at one point.
    See what dealer says and go from there. Good luck
  3. pennyhm

pennyhm New Member

Thanks cableguy. A question .. how do you get PCM updates? From the dealership? thanks!
  4. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You can go to many local parts stores ie; AutoZone and they can read the codes. With the code info we might have more info for you.
  5. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

To my knowledge you can only do baseline software updates at dealership.
    Mine ran smooth as glass after update. I don't think I paid anything.