1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Service Manual arrived

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by ajaxajax2000, Aug 12, 2008.

1. ajaxajax2000

ajaxajax2000 Rockstar 100 Posts

Today I got 16.5 lb:s of GM Service Manual for my '03 Burb! A nice support in my garage. :party:

[​IMG]

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Quite an addition to your library!

3. mrcaddy

mrcaddy Rockstar

I'd like to get one for my '95. Where can you buy them?

4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

www.helminc.com

I have a set for my 2001 S-10, and one for my 2005 Silverado. They will show you stuff that you never knew existed, throw out your Haynes and Chilton manuals because this is the best that money can buy. :party:

5. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I bought the electronic books. They weigh 1.6 oz. LOL

6. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

How extensive are the manuals, do they get into great detail?

7. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

They are pretty good. I have the Helm manual for my 08'.

8. Shadowdub

Shadowdub New Member

I found a set on Ebay for my 96. It required a lot of searching and a few weeks before I found a complete set for a good price.

9. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

+1, my Haynes Manual doesn't tell me anything about the single cab versions of the truck

10. IrishBrewer

IrishBrewer Rockstar

I bought the electronic version also. Nice because they are easily searchable and also include TSBs. The only downside is that you still need to print out the pages for the job you are doing because no-one wants to be paging thru computer screens with grimy hands.