1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

service manual, which one?

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by loic, Aug 25, 2009.

1. loic

loic New Member

which one would be the best to buy? ie best illustrations, step by step clear etc...
    for my bikes I always got the one from the dealer, but when I owned the Land rover I had one from another brand which was more in depth
  2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee New Member 1000 Posts

The Helm factory manuals are the only way to go IMO. You will spend about $120. Or you can buy the electronic copy <DVD> on Ebay for about $30.
  3. loic

loic New Member

cool, thanks.i like having both (book and electronic version) i use (on my bikes) the book as reference and then print the pages i need, it prevent having grease and other on the book.
  4. bill190

bill190 New Member

In general the "factory" service manuals are the best for anything which can be repaired. They manufactured it, so it makes sense they would have the best service manuals.

In this case, as said above, you would order a GM factory service manual set from helminc.com or from a GM dealer. These would be about 4 books typically and around $135. And about 6000 pages total for the newer sets. (Very detailed and complete and specific to your year/model vehicle. Has diagrams, troubleshooting, descriptions of how things work, etc.)
  5. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts

I use Haynes, Chiltons, and anything else I can find. I try to buy them at swap meets and off of craigslist. No sense in paying more than you have to, and if you think about it, it is a very "green" thing to do.