1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

"Service Park Assist" Chevy Traverse Message

Discussion in 'Chevy Traverse Forum (GMC Acadia, Buick Enclave)' started by ChevyFan, Nov 6, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

So now the wife says that she didn't hit anything ... but the dash reads "service Park assist" which probably means that something is on one of the sensors in the rear bumper ... or someone hit it.

Im going to have a look.
  2. ChevyFan

They were pretty dirty. I cleaned them up and turned Park assist off ... then back on. Everything is working now.

Attached Files:

3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts

Glad it's working again.

On a side note, you seem to be blaming your wife lately for odd things that are happening to your Traverse. Hmmm...
  4. ChevyFan

Well she was driving it and called me. Said it gave the Service Park Assist message while she was on the freeway.
  5. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts

That's probably when she spilled the Diet Coke on the window buttons :glasses:
  6. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

Lol even if she did it , it's his fault. It's always our fault lol
  7. ChevyFan

Now she's reading this on my phone. She's awesome guys. :)
  8. Hello everyone,

I must chime in on this topic. Being of the female gender, I must say no matter what I do to my vehicle it is always my husbands fault!

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care
  9. ChevyFan

Actually, I got in to back the Traverse out of the garage last night and the Park Assist turned itself off. I'm going to have to look into this more.
  10. ChevyFan

Looking at one of the sensors, looks like someone may have backed into the bumper and hit one of the sensors. Looks like there is a scuff mark on one and there is a rubber grommet inside that looks like it's semi popped out.

I'm going to try to clean it up and push that back in, but I'm not letting my hopes up.