1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Service Ride control

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by joh1168, Mar 29, 2008.

1. joh1168

joh1168 New Member

greetings all

i have a 2000 chevy suburban 2500 with about 81000 miles and the service ride control light has just come an and will not go off. any ideas, thanks in advance.
  2. abraham

abraham New Member

ever get an answer to this problem. I have a 2000 suburban and the service ride control has been on for years. 150000 miles. I think I need shocks anyway but not sure if this will fix the problem.
  3. abraham

abraham New Member

Just still researching this issue and thought I'd bump the thread . Must not be a very common issue as its hard to get a straight answer anywhere I look.
  4. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

what is "service ride" ????
  5. abraham

abraham New Member

Its "service ride control" and thats what I am trying to find out myself. I believe its something to do with the shocks. I know I need shocks but just wondering if there is anything else to this. I know on my vette I just look up an issue and there are all kinds of people who have had the same problems and Its very easy to track down and fix. I guess the suburban does not have such an avid following. Just trying to avoid the dealer and dont own a diag. tool.
  6. JMoney02

JMoney02 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Gentlemen;

Here is what I have found on this issue, please be advised that this is being brought to us from another site to which I have NO affiliation with, just an extensive search on the issue, as my 02 Burban
    has the feature to which I want to be aware of in case of future problems or issues. The following:
    2001 Suburban 5.3 4x4 with Autoride. Sent to Chevy Experts February 06 01:20 PM ... Service Ride Control Message Displayed, DTC C0580 Set (Replace Right ...
    chevrolet.justanswer.com/questions/127ul-2001-suburban-5-3-4x4 - Similar pages
    (You can access by using Google and in the search put "service Ride Control - Chevy Suburban")
    This has a very lenghty write up and a good one to boot. I hope this at the very least provides a start
    to correcting your problems. The Burban is new to me on repairs, most are still general repairs with deductive reasoning, some I will need to learn, but learning keeps the mind alive, even if the body has been banged up, right!:rofl:
  7. newdriver

newdriver New Member

that's your autoride- has sensors on each wheels (1500) has compressor to pump air to your rear shocks- if you see the message-check your fuse marked RTD (real time damping).
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  8. joh1168

joh1168 New Member

thanks, during my research i did find out that it does have something to do with the shocks and the auto levleing system.
  9. Jacqson

Jacqson Rockstar 100 Posts

There is some kind of malfunction in the Autoride system which is sending you the error code. I have successfully removed the Autoride from my Suburban. If you have any questions, let me know and I will post the threads for you.
  10. thomas

thomas New Member

yes. please help! I need to remove this option. Thanks