service stabilitrak after lift blocks in back

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by fornik8her, Feb 26, 2010.

1. fornik8her

fornik8her New Member

2010 Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71 4X4.Just under 200 miles on the truck. I had a leveling kit put in the front last week with no issues. This week the shop got in the blocks and ubolts for the back to put it back to the stock rake. 2 inch block. While driving home from the shop all of a sudden the message comes on " Service stabiltrak" and now alternates with "service traction control" I didn't have any issues before the blocks were put in the back. I have a friend who has a 2009 with the same setup and has no messages. Any ideas as to what might have caused this would be welcome. It takes a little driving before the messages start. I know if I take it back to the dealer they will say it is not covered under warranty because of the lift kit.
    Thanks in advance.

Just hanging

2. horns_fan

horns_fan New Member

The good news is that if ether of those lights are on the other one will come on. I would get under the truck and see if they left anything unhooked for the ABS system in the back.

3. fornik8her

fornik8her New Member

Thanks, just crawled out from under there and everything looks to be hooked up where it's supposed to be.

Hmmmmmm, removed the 2 inch blocks from the back, still got the leveling kit in front and now no more issues with service stabilitrak and traction control. Now it's level, weird how taking it back from the stock rake to level stopped the messages.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010