Service Stabilitrak, Service Traction Control, and Reduced Engine Power -- anyone?

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by mjs84, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Sabrina2014

Sabrina2014 New Member GMTC Chick

Took my Tahoe to the dealership, referenced the service bulletin you provided and...BOOM - fixed at no charge and running great again! Thank you very much!!

RayVoy and thegawd like this.
  2. thegawd

thegawd Rockstar 2 Years 1000 Posts

Isnt it sad when you have to tell them what the problem is?

Im glad you got it fixed!!!

3. RayVoy

RayVoy Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

And, that fix has a 10 year warranty.

thegawd likes this.
  4. KRICETDOG

KRICETDOG New Member

New guy, first time post: Well this has been 3 hours of reading posts that I will never get back. I will throw my hat in with the same problems on my 2011 Avalanche LTZ: At idle, Engine light, Traction control off, Stabilitrak off, Service Stabilitrak warnings all come on and it is running real rough. Once I accelerate and get going, all but engine light goes off. Started out last summer and was very sporadic but now it is much worse and every time you drive. Did the MAF sensor cleaner, throttle body cleaning and did replace plugs and wires, and coil on number 6 since that is the code it throws. (p0601 I think...#6 multiple misfires) and new K & N air filter, but no luck. I guess the throttle body sensor is next and we will see. Ironically, about 4 years ago, before these problems, I had a broken plug in #6.....can't help but wonder if it is related. Just rolled 100,000 miles yesterday, so not sure if I fall under that extended warranty thing....just over 6 years old. I can't believe that with so many customers having the same problem GM hasn't put out a recall. I did just report to the NHTSA in hopes it might help. What will it take for GM to help all of us??

5. RayVoy

Dog, I'll try to help. Your mis-fire code would be P0306
    And, I would be surprised if tackling the throttle body will help you.
    Your problem may be connected to the injector for #6, perhaps there is still a problem with spark for #6; perhaps there is a problem with compression on #6.
    You suspect a connection with a broken plug, you should do a compression test on that cylinder (the rest as well, to give you a baseline).
    And, the extended warranty you allude to only applies to throttle bodies that have the problem that this thread is primarily discussing.
    I don't think you have the problem that is the topic of this thread.
    My 2 cents.

6. KRICETDOG

KRICETDOG New Member

Ray,
    You are correct on the throttle body.....just changed the TB position sensor and no change....although I feel a little more manly for being able to do that and having the truack still start up again afterwards!! There were a couple of posts with the same problem in the 39 pages in this thread, but you are correct again, most were dealing with the loss of power warning indications and the vehicles accelerating on their own. I will look around and see if there is anything pertaining to my specific problem, but it looks like the local shop wil be getting some business as this is beyond my mechanical skills. I also noticed the parking assist system is shutting off now...wonder if that could be related by chance. Thank you for taking the time to weigh in on my situation...I do appreciate it!!

RayVoy likes this.
  7. RayVoy

A compression gauge isn't an expensive tool, and everyone should have one.
    Quick check of the compression on number 6 might tell us a lot.
    Cylinder #6 is one of the deactivated AFM cylinders, perhaps a collapsed lifter.