Service Stabilitrak, Service Traction Control, and Reduced Engine Power -- anyone?

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by mjs84, Dec 14, 2010.

1. glenn3564

glenn3564 New Member

I say we all get a class action lawyer on this issue. It is too widespread and percentage wise, happens all too often and does
    positively create the environment for many fatalities. Does anyone know one?

2. stu _art

stu _art New Member

Hi I am new to the gm truck club, I was looking for any one with the same problems as mine-2010 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4, traction control service, stabilitrak and engine power reduced. Always happening to the truck, any way a friend stopped by today as I was sitting on the road, -17 weather I live in Alberta by the way. He said take off sensor plugins on transfer case and grease them up with some kind of grease, because one of the sensors is getting wet. Planning on doing this tonight or tomorrow, do not have a garage so maybe tomorrow. By for now.

3. Jaxman68

Jaxman68 New Member

I have a 1/2 ton 2010 Silverado 4x4 Crew and last week I had the same warning lights come on and the engine shut me down to 500 rpm's..I was on the side of the interstate at the time and got ahold of a dealer and they said shut the vehicle off for a few minutes and then start it back up and try to get where I have to go and bring it back to them when I can for service. I haven't had any time to take it in and today at lunch I started it up and it ran real rough and the warnings came back on so I shut it down again for a few minutes and now the engine light is on all the time..I am taking it in soon unless you guys know something I can try first...THANKS!!!!!!

Dan

4. El_Loco_Diablo

El_Loco_Diablo New Member

I have a 2010 Silverado 4x4 LT and I am also having this problem. It has happened twice in the last 2 weeks. I live in Saskatchewan so it is already cold and lots of snow here. Driving along fine and then all of a sudden my dash looks like a strobe light, and reduced power. Shut the truck off and restart a couple times and it runs fine again, with the engine light on. So I pulled the positive cable and reset it both times. I have read the responses and it doesn't seem to be anything specific. Stu_art, if you have good luck with greasing the sensors on the transfer case ,please post it. Thanks

5. EarthWindFire82

EarthWindFire82 New Member

I have a 2007 Yukon SLT with about 130k miles on it. I bought it in February of this year with 107k miles. It has been marvelous, no issues at all...until two weeks ago.

My check engine light comes on, and AutoZone checked me out..saying I need a Throttle Position Sensor. Mechanic says, "you got time, don't worry". Well today, this "Service Stabilitrak/Reducing Engine Power" message comes up. I am going to the dealership tomorrow for the alignment that they've claimed I needed since my oil change a month ago, so I was hoping that it would level back out.

I read through this thread and I've seen a whole myriad of different resolutions. I drive WAY too much to have this problem haunting me. With that being said, should the replacing of the TPS help? I'm in need of getting this rectified but funds aren't at my disposal right now.

6. Jaxman68

Jaxman68 New Member

I had all the same warnings on my 2010 Silverado and I took it into the dealer this week and it was the TPS! That is what I would try first, one other thing mine started doing after a couple weeks is make a bad rattling and buzzing sound after I shut the motor down and after that I would come out to start it cold turn the key on (not starting the motor) and it was that crazy buzzing, rattling before I even started it. My truck is silent once again! Good Luck and Happy Thanksgiving! Dan

7. EarthWindFire82

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Thanks for the reply! I finally, FINALLY got my dream truck and it goes nuts! Lol! Oh well, hopefully it won't be as wonky as my Cobalt was!

8. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

EarthWindFire82,

Hello! I am sorry to learn that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle and will be visiting your local dealership. Could you let us know how you visit at the dealership went? Please private message me if I can be of any assistance.

Regards,

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care

9. EarthWindFire82

I most definitely will do!

10. jdebekker

jdebekker New Member

Common problem?

Hi, first time poster. I have a 2010 Silverado LT crew (149,000kms). Drove about 1 1/2 hours to the city today. Shortly after I got off the highway I felt reduced power, and shortly after that the stabilitrack and traction control shut themselves off. It seemed to be shifting fine. I parked it for about and hour and drove it all the way home (150kms) with no problems. As I was pulling onto the driveway the warning lights came back on. I shut it off for ten minutes and it ran fine after that. I'm from Manitoba and we've suddenly gotten a cold snap of -10 to -20 degree weather, with colder stuff to come I'm sure. We have not gotten much snow/moisture. I do no have warrantee on the vehicle. I've been reading the thread and I'm curious as to the cost (ballpark) of replacing the throttle body and some of the other more common diagnosis. I plan to bring the truck to our local gm dealer tomorrow. I'd like to avoid paying a lot of money for something that won't permanently solve the problem, but I also depend on my truck and will do what needs to be done. I cant say I'm glad to see others having this problem, but it puts me at ease to know my truck isn't a lemon. I'm open to any education I can get on the issue