1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

service stabilitrak/service traction control on message board

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Tim Kreps, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Tim Kreps

Tim Kreps New Member

I have a 2011 silverado with 5.3L. I noticed these two messages flashing at me and I can't get them to turn off with manual reset instructions. Is the dealer my only option? Is there something I can fix?
    Tim
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Start by getting the codes read so you can determine whats going on, I wouldnt presume itll be something simple, they rarely are but theres always a chance.
    You should still be under warranty.
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

How many miles on this? You said these are flashing messages, or is that just a figure of speech?
  4. Tim Kreps

Tim Kreps New Member

It has 34K, messages alternate on the message board, traction control and ABS warning lights on the dash are on solid....
  5. seanhill1969

seanhill1969 New Member

Codes

I've had the same warnings because of low battery voltage I do agree you should have it checked for codes
  6. XS ive

XS ive Rockstar 100 Posts

I have had the issue twice in the past on my 08.

The first was caused by a "tech" lifting the truck and catching a wheel sensor line pulling and damaging it. The lights were NOT on when I shut truck off at dealer, but were on when I started it to pick it up. Then the "tech" said, "they were on when I pulled it into shop...." Yeah, uh I was there on full warranty, ya think I may have mentioned it??? I no longer use that dealer.

The second time the symptoms were accompanied by a harsh 1st to 2nd shift. After much troubleshooting by my new dealer, who is awesome, it was found the wire bundle behing the brake assembly(power adjustable) was chafing and shorting. I believe there is a TSB on that issue.
  7. Alan Crosby

Alan Crosby Member

XS ive,

Do you have any idea what the TSB number is on the chafing harness? I have similar symptoms on my '07 Suburban. The Stabilitrak light comes on when coasting, like when coming up to a stoplight. It usually clears within a minute or so, but if I start out while it's still on, then the shift to second is very hard.
  8. Rocketmanh5

Rocketmanh5 Rockstar 100 Posts

Mental note for me.*check year model of vehicle*-Check
    *has wheel cylinders*-check..
    *issue is something with that year model*-check.....

Okay I'm good to ask a question on brakes now!! Hahaha (only a few will get this if they read it)

Anyway, have you recently had your brakes serviced for repaired for any reason?
    I read below that they stay on solid. Have they always stayed on solid or did they come on and go off under throttle or braking?
  9. XS ive

XS ive Rockstar 100 Posts

it was bulletin 08-07-30-021F
  10. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts