Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Setting Base Timing on 1990 5.7 TBI

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by TBIMan, Jun 7, 2010.

1. TBIMan

TBIMan New Member

Hi everyone,
    I just finished installing a TBI 350 from a 1990 C1500 into my LAnd Cruiser and I need to set base timing

I need to know where 0 degrees is on the pointer.
    Can someone let me know which notch in the pic is zero degrees?

Attached Files:

2. scrappiedew1

scrappiedew1 Rockstar

just did my sons 1991 k2500 5.7 4x4 zero is right aroung that large mark that is were we set it . you have to do one more thing you need to isconnect the ecm UP ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE ENGINE BAY YOU WILL SEE THE COVER FOR THE RELAY CENTER GO A LITTLE TO THE RIGHT THERE IS A LARGE CLUMP OF WIRES ON TOP OF THAT IS A ONE WIRE CONNECTOR THAT IS A TAN WIRE WITH A BLACK STRIPE THIS NEEDS TO BE DISCONNECTED IT JUST UNCLIPS . THE RUBBER BOOT TO KEEPWATER OUT IS GREEN SO THAT WILL HELP YOU FIND THE RIGHT ONE IT IS JUST TO THE RIGHT OF THE RELAY PANEL UNDER THE HOOD. IF YOU HAVE A HAYNES MANUAL OTHER WISE YOU WILL BE TRYING TO TIME IT WILE THE ECM IS TRYING TO ADJUST
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2010
  3. TBIMan

TBIMan New Member

Thanks!
    Bryan
  4. scrappiedew1

scrappiedew1 Rockstar

no problem ,hoped it helped