Setup of new torsion keys

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Cuda1500, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Cuda1500

Cuda1500 Member

I bought the new torsion keys to raise the front end of my 97 gmc k1500 4x4, once I put them in how much do I turn the adjusting bolt to get the correct height or do I leave them at the stock length, and I was thinking about putting blocks in the rear to get another two inches in the back but what size block do I need to get do I just get a 2 in or is there a stock block in the back that I have to take out and then add that height to the new blocks any help would be great thanks

2. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Just turn the bolts in till you get the height you want. I assume you measured it before you put in the new keys. As for the rear, if you have a block in there already, measure it then get a block 2" taller and remove the stock block and replace it with the new one, it's not rocket science. Here's a link to the post where I put the rear blocks in.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?38613-Added-Rear-Lift-Blocks.

3. Cuda1500

Cuda1500 Member

ok thanks for the help, do you have to get the special tool to put the new keys in

4. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I did, but I've seen guys use gear pullers and I've heard of using a floor jack and an extension, I'm an industrial maintenance tech by trade so safety always comes first at work and at home, so I recommend using the proper tool.