1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

severe transmission issue

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by npverhey1, Jun 8, 2009.

1. npverhey1

npverhey1 New Member

so I was drving today just cruising not running my truck hard or anything and my truck jerked forward real bad in drive, after it happened it would accelerate in drive or in third in second it will accelerate but it makes a lot of noise and in first its okay, if im driving third works too just not on scceleration. its definatly something in the trnasmission has this happened to anyone or anyone got any ideas on it? i could really use the feedback, if it makes any diffrence i just had the differential replaced by the dealership.
  2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee New Member 1000 Posts

Just a quick reply but if your transmission is making noise you need to stop driving it until you can get it looked at. There is no way to fix a noisy transmission with removing it from the truck unless the transmission mount broke and the transmission is touching the cross member. If it's an internal problem then the more you drive it the more damage will be done internally.
  3. npverhey1

npverhey1 New Member

yeah i took it into the dealership today seeing as its under warranty, they think it might have something to do with the differential seeing as that went last week