Severe waterleak from sunroof

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by sideout, Mar 9, 2011.

1. sideout

sideout New Member

I have looked through this forum and many others and have yet to come across this exact same issue. Recently I noticed that after a heavy the headliner would be wet right above where the passenger’s seatbelt was (Picture 1).

[​IMG]

The seatbelt itself was soaked, but no water actually running inside the cab itself. Then later the same thing with the rear passenger side seatbelt and headliner. Later the front console panel was leaking by the switches for the sunroof and the rear window (Picture 2)

[​IMG]

Afterwards I noticed water leaking down from the dome lights attached to the DVD player on the headliner (Picture 3)

[​IMG]

Finally the drivers seatbelt was soaked like the other two (Picture 4)

[​IMG]

I have read a lot about the drain tubes issues, but this is WAY too much water inside my cab. Any thoughts?

(If the pictures are too big let me know.....could not resize them other than putting them as thumbnails)

2. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I will be sending you a private message shortly for more information regarding your concern.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

The doctor my wife worked for had what loked like the same problem in his Tahoe. Turned out to be the sunroof drains were plugged with tree leafs.