1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sevice 4WD???? [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Avalanche Forum (Escalade EXT)' started by Jose, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jose

Jose New Member

I just recently bought a 2003 Avalanche, and I was wanting to know if there might be some kind of recall on the 4WD system in it. You see, my "Service 4WD" indicator turns on once in a while, and I can't figure out the problem. My 4WD still worls, and it works fine, believe me, I've already tried it out, but I was wondering if the light comes on because I need to work on my transmission, or if it could be a malfunctioning sensor. If someone out there is encountering the same problem, and can help me, please do. I'd gladly appreciate it.
  2. labamba

labamba New Member

RE: Sevice 4WD????

I have been battling "service 4wd" indicator for past 6 months now on 2005 Chevy Suburban LT. First time, dealer said no code stored in sensor - did not get charged since no work was actually done. 2nd time - they found "no ground" on motor which engages 4wd. They supposedly cleaned all ground contacts and got the sensor clear (got charged $152 for labor). 3rd time - after complaining to my service manager - they tested it extensively and found the motor which engages the 4wd to be defective. Even though my car had 51k miles on it (outside of warranty), they replaced motor for free.
  3. rmreid

rmreid New Member

Had the same issue on my '03 Z71 and never a fix. I do remember that they changed the dash switch, reprogrammed software and when that didn't work I finally gave up and traded it in.
  4. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Any news on this Jose?
  5. rmreid

rmreid New Member

4 wheel drive switch/indicator if anyone needs one I have a brand new one left over from my AV....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.