GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Shackle Flip HELP

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by chevybulldog6, Nov 11, 2010.

1. chevybulldog6

chevybulldog6 New Member

I am trying to find a shackle flip kit for the rear of my 05 1500 silverado. I cannot find anything for my year model in a half ton :grrrrrr:. I am hoping that someone here has installed one on there 03-06 1500 and can tell me who makes it and/or where to find it. The closest I can find is ORD but their '67-up is for 2500-3500s. Thanks for the help guys, I know you will come through for me again...
  2. chevybulldog6

chevybulldog6 New Member

3. chevybulldog6

chevybulldog6 New Member

I know someone can help me...
  4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator

5. HawaiiKid

HawaiiKid New Member

So why are you looking to drop your lifted truck?
  6. chevybulldog6

chevybulldog6 New Member

I am not wanting to drop my truck. I am looking for a shackle flip kit which will "flip" the rear leaf spring shackle mount to achieve around 4-5in of lift. 4 more inchs of lift will have my truck sitting with the factory stance (2in higher in the rear). That is what I want. Right now the rear is sitting 2in lower than the front.

The site mentioned above is to relocate the springs below the axle. This isnt what I am looking for. I do appreciate the help finding a kit for me though. Just a little miscommunication i guess.
  7. sweetassz71

sweetassz71 New Member

i have a 4" flip shackle kit i got it from offroad design i was running a 5" block in the rear and had to change it out to a 2.5" block because she was so jacked up in the rear i would also say go with a torison key in the front if u have not already. the product is not on there website you might have to call them and if u run into any problems let me know and i have a guy down in FL that could hock you up . i have his name and number if u need it .
  8. stephan

stephan New Member

ChevyBullDog... shackel flip? Is this just shorter shackels to lower it? I have been making some shorter shackles out of stainless steel for a couple of the low riders around here. It is a little harder to drill than mild steel, but won't rust or wear. If they have a steel yard near "Tigerland" you could make your own to the exact length you want.
  9. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member

Try a rear add-a-leaf. You can find them in 1.5 to 2.5 lifts.
  10. chevybulldog6

chevybulldog6 New Member

No, my body style z71 has the shackle hanger upside down compared to older trucks. So if I were to put longer shackles on it, it would lower it because the spring is mounted above the hanger. A shackle flip kit "flips" the hanger so the spring mounts under the hanger therefore a longer shackle will raise it.

I all ready have add-a-leaf and would really like to get rid of it due to the stiff ride.

Sweetassz71...(your ride really is sweet man)
    I have checked ORD website and found nothing. I have not tried to call them. I will call em up tomorrow. Thanks for the help. If they dont have anything for me then I will hit you up for your guy in Florida...

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

Sweetassz71

Did you have to run a zero rate after your shackle flip to relocate the axle back?
  11. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member

What size rear block do you have with the add-a-leaf? You can get up to a 5.5" rear block.