Shackle Flip HELP

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by chevybulldog6, Nov 11, 2010.

1. chevybulldog6

chevybulldog6 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I am trying to find a shackle flip kit for the rear of my 05 1500 silverado. I cannot find anything for my year model in a half ton :grrrrrr:. I am hoping that someone here has installed one on there 03-06 1500 and can tell me who makes it and/or where to find it. The closest I can find is ORD but their '67-up is for 2500-3500s. Thanks for the help guys, I know you will come through for me again...

2. chevybulldog6

Anybody????

3. chevybulldog6

I know someone can help me...

4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

5. HawaiiKid

HawaiiKid Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

So why are you looking to drop your lifted truck?

6. chevybulldog6

I am not wanting to drop my truck. I am looking for a shackle flip kit which will "flip" the rear leaf spring shackle mount to achieve around 4-5in of lift. 4 more inchs of lift will have my truck sitting with the factory stance (2in higher in the rear). That is what I want. Right now the rear is sitting 2in lower than the front.

The site mentioned above is to relocate the springs below the axle. This isnt what I am looking for. I do appreciate the help finding a kit for me though. Just a little miscommunication i guess.

7. sweetassz71

sweetassz71 Rockstar

i have a 4" flip shackle kit i got it from offroad design i was running a 5" block in the rear and had to change it out to a 2.5" block because she was so jacked up in the rear i would also say go with a torison key in the front if u have not already. the product is not on there website you might have to call them and if u run into any problems let me know and i have a guy down in FL that could hock you up . i have his name and number if u need it .

8. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

ChevyBullDog... shackel flip? Is this just shorter shackels to lower it? I have been making some shorter shackles out of stainless steel for a couple of the low riders around here. It is a little harder to drill than mild steel, but won't rust or wear. If they have a steel yard near "Tigerland" you could make your own to the exact length you want.

9. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Try a rear add-a-leaf. You can find them in 1.5 to 2.5 lifts.

10. chevybulldog6

No, my body style z71 has the shackle hanger upside down compared to older trucks. So if I were to put longer shackles on it, it would lower it because the spring is mounted above the hanger. A shackle flip kit "flips" the hanger so the spring mounts under the hanger therefore a longer shackle will raise it.

I all ready have add-a-leaf and would really like to get rid of it due to the stiff ride.

Sweetassz71...(your ride really is sweet man)
    I have checked ORD website and found nothing. I have not tried to call them. I will call em up tomorrow. Thanks for the help. If they dont have anything for me then I will hit you up for your guy in Florida...

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

Sweetassz71

Did you have to run a zero rate after your shackle flip to relocate the axle back?