1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shakes

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Eddie Don, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Eddie Don

Eddie Don New Member

I had my 1997 Silverado Extend cab in for an alignment because it pulled to the left and had a shake in the steering wheel .But that did not fix it ,the shop could not find anything wrong. Got any idea what would make it do this?????
  2. roughcntryrado

roughcntryrado New Member

For the pull the alignment might take care of it, but for the shake more than likely the balance of the wheels, unless your tires are worn like crazy on the inside edges like my old car was
  3. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

typically shake will be wheel balance. Can also be brakes and/or worn suspension parts. Not all shops inspect the front suspension/steering components before aligning as they should as you cant get an accurate alignment if there is play in the front end.
  4. osgprometheus

osgprometheus New Member

It could be a few things. First off, why did you take it in for the alignment? Tire wear, pulling, clunking ect? How was the tires wearing? Does the vehicle pull or drift? How is it after the alignment? ANY better? How is the air pressure? Check the tires for out of balance or, seperation. While they check the balance, see if the wheels are bent or not.
  5. Revredneck

Revredneck New Member

What about your brake rotors? If they aren't true, it will shake, especially when you step on the brakes. If the front end shop had found worn parts, they would have tried to sell you, because that's how they make money. Your problem is either wheel balance or brakes.
    Good Luck and God Bless