1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

shaking over 60mph

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by mike042, Oct 19, 2012.

1. mike042

mike042 New Member

what would cause a shaking over 60mph? new tires and alingment less than 800 miles ago, feels like the whole truck vibrates not just front steering wheel stays straght and no wobble if i let it go . and seems to smooth out a little at or over 70 mph. its a 04 tahoe z71
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

could be u-joints, front wheel bearing, CV shaft, Front diff issue. If it feels like the entire truck is shaking I would say possible ujoint
  3. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy New Member

Google videos for "death wobble"
    theres one of a green jeep........ if this is what you have, then your suspension is shot. virtually all of it.
    you need all new bushings, inkage, and shocks....
    how many miles are on the truck? does it have a lift?
  4. Gold Z

Gold Z New Member

Start with the basics, have your tires checked to see if they are out of round, Which I doubt is the trouble. The have all four tires rebalanced. That will probably cure your problem. If it doesn't then you are looking at a driveline issue.
  5. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy New Member

yeah, alignment, well balanced AND well wearing tires. good CHARGED shocks and also dont forget that torsion bars sag after a while, so maybe turn your keys a little bit.
    then we can look at steeing
    then axles
    then bushings
    (by CHARGED shocks, i mean; you hold it in your hand and it strongly expands and is difficult to push back down