1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

share empty bed space

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by OpenBed, Apr 22, 2013.

1. OpenBed

OpenBed New Member

Hello,

I've got an idea that I wanted to through out there and get people's thoughts. There are a lot of new 'sharing' companies that let you rent your house (airbnb), cars, etc. Would anyone ever rent out the bed of your truck? Say there was a site/app where people could list things they needed delivered, moved, etc. and it simply sent everyone nearby an email where they could accept and go pick up and move the item for money...would you do it? I'm not sure I would, just kicking the idea around to see if it has any value. There are always people looking to borrow a friends truck, just wondering if you could build a network of truck owners with empty bed space looking to make some extra $.

Thanks!

2. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

sounds like a good idea but, i can see a few problems like liability if something gets broke during transit could lead to a bad day

3. csltrains96

csltrains96 Rockstar 100 Posts

That's what U-Haul is for.

4. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I would definitely do that. Always looking for a little extra money.

5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Been there already do it.. In my area NNJ/NY Plenty of money to be made on Craigslist....
    [h=2]Do you need something Picked up or moved in The Tristate area?Ikea run[/h]I do small moves in NYC,The Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, North Jersey, Rockland and Westchester. Stuff like Treadmills, Long rugs, Big TV's, Couch's and Futons, I also do Ikea runs and set ups .I move within NYC or deliver something to NNJ or Rockland Cty NY. If you need something
    delivered in NYC or moved that can fit in my Soft Riding Truck with a carpeted 8ft covered bed with tie downs. Please call my cell
    before 1:00pm. we can workout payments then. I am very reliable and Careful with all my moves and I have Ref's if needed

I also do College and Dorm move in's

Ikea Pick up's and professionally Assembled

I have been doing Ikea pickups in Paramus, NJ then delivery to NYC. Lower Tax rate and Ikea charges $100+ for this, I start at $75.00
    Thank you Glenn

C 404-409-$$$$

Keywords.. Ikea, Home Depot, Lowes, Pc Richards, Sears, Treadmill, Brooklyn, Bronx, Pa, Long Island, Queens, Storm help, Sandy, Best buy, Bobs

6. 87silver

87silver Member 1 Year

Yeah, the lawyers sure took a lot away from an old fashioned handshake.:no:

7. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

god forbid things not be all legalized. helped a NCO of mine tonight actually, went and picked up a couch for him. gas money always works!

Alex