Shaved tailgate and roll pan, finally.

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by zachmilz, Jan 25, 2011.

1. zachmilz

zachmilz Rockstar 100 Posts

I haven't really been on here in what seems like forever. Through trying to graduate from high school and working to make money, I finally got to take my truck into the shop and get it fixed. Back in November I was stopped when a lady rear-ended me and kind of caved in the whole left corner of my truck. It was until last week that I finally took my truck in to get repaired. Between November and then I ordered a tailgate shaving kit and a roll pan and went to work on my shaving my tailgate. It was quite a learning experience on welding, grinding, and bondo, but for my first time, I think it came out great.

Right after the accident:
    [​IMG]

Working on the tailgate:
    [​IMG]

Finished:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I still have to pull the roll pan in a little bit, but other than that, I think it turned out great!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  2. Custom04Chevy

Custom04Chevy Rockstar 100 Posts

Looks awesome! Keep up the good work! I can't wait to get the money to get a roll pan, much less shave the tailgate. Someday...

3. zachmilz

Thanks! Your truck looks good. I really want to do a 3/6 drop on my truck, but that will come when money allows...

4. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

I remember commenting on your post and seeing the pics right after she hit you.Great job,your truck looks fantastic!

5. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Looks great, nice job. NBS Crew Cabs rock!

6. zachmilz

Thanks!

Adam, your truck's stance looks great after lowering it!