1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shifting into reverse

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by adam4lsu, Apr 24, 2009.

1. adam4lsu

adam4lsu New Member

I swear I have a new problem every day. maybe it's time to get a new truck?? (228k) Ok, here's my problem. I'm replacing the rear end because the dealership says its about to go. Picking up the new rearend in a few days. Decided to run to the post office today after not running the truck for a few days. Shifting into reverse to backout the driveway I noticed the truck surged backwards and CLUNKED into gear. So i put it in park and back into reverse (a couple times) just to see and everytime it did it. as I got out of the driveway and got into drive, i got a very weird whine as I got on the gas a just a little bit.

Leaving the post office it barely started up for me, (had a very VERY low idle for about 3-4 seconds) and finally idled normal.

Please please PLEASE tell me it's not my tranny going and is just my bad rearend??

I love this truck to death and cannot even bare the thought of getting a new one. I've put lots of money into it and would love to keep it going to at LEATS 250k but I think a bad tranny would be the dagger to my heart lol.

any help and insight is much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance