1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Random Gallery Photos

1. Baggedeskahoe

Baggedeskahoe New Member

I have a 99 model tahoe and since ive had it it has a lil hesitation when i give it gas so i finally lookd into and my ENG-I fuse was blown so i replaced it and it made it run perfect but now when im riden down the road and floor it it dont wana shift right like its slippn a lil then itl finally go but if you jus drive it right everything works fine! But if i pull the fuse out n floor it itl shift like its suppose to! The tranny in it now is not old so maybe something didnt get hooked back up right? Any help will greatly be appreciated thanks
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

In my 96 if you floor it the truck stays in a lower gear until it hits 4,000 rpm then it shifts. I've never felt any kind of slipping tho. My truck has about 197,300+ miles on it with a factory tranny. It isn't too hard to check the connections to the tranny, they are all on the drivers side pretty much just inspect the wires and see if everything is plugged in. Most likely there isn't a real issue just the ECU deciding when it is best to shift. Based on what you said in your other thread the original owner may have a tune on the truck which would change shift points especially if he spent the money to put bags on it and relocate the fuel tank.
  3. Baggedeskahoe

Baggedeskahoe New Member

Its not really a slippn type feel to it its kinda hard to explain. I checked all connections and everything is plugged in so its not that. The old tranny had a shift kit in it so maybe the ecu was tuned some kind of way idk. Lol. Anyway i can reset it or whatever. I jus kno the truck runs so much smoother with the fuse in it jus wont get up n go like it does with the eng-i fuse pulled out.
  4. Conlan Rose

I'd reset it and see if it helps.
  5. Baggedeskahoe

Baggedeskahoe New Member

Do you kno how?
  6. Conlan Rose

I do not know. Search it on the site. I think you just need to disconnect the battery for a certain amount of time for the reset, easiest would be to have the tuner that was used to restore factory settings if removing the battery for a couple hours doesn't work just go to Chevy and ask them to reset it. I know that may cost a lot possibly and be a hassle but it maybe only way. Also depending where you live some one from the site may be able to help you out.