1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shock Absorbers?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 1500ExtChevy, Apr 22, 2010.

1. 1500ExtChevy

1500ExtChevy New Member

I wanted to get your guys opinions on brands of shock absorbers and what you think about them? I got a 2005 Silverado 1500 4x4. Thank you for the help!
  2. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie New Member

I use SkyJacker Hydro 7000 shocks and love them. They work great.
  3. 1500ExtChevy

1500ExtChevy New Member

Now I know certain or quite a few shocks require you have a minimum lift of oh say like 4 inches. I bought a leveling kit havent put it on yet will when I get my wheels and tires so I only have to do 1 alignment. The leveling kit I bought uses shock mount extensions so im pretty much looking for stock height but better quality shock. Thanks for your insight!:great:
  4. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts

Bilsteins are very popular and good shocks. for stock and lifted applications
  5. 1500ExtChevy

1500ExtChevy New Member

Thats what I think im going to end up with is Bilsteins my dad loved them on his 1996 Turbo Diesel Suburban(<- Previous) Now he was telling me he's gonna get them again for his 2005 Duramax along with a Banks Power Pack. But thank you guys for the insight I need to get rolling on my truck so far I've ordered everything I wanted and havent put a darn thing on yet.
  6. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member 1000 Posts

When you install your leveling kit I'd be interested to see how the shock extensions work out because all the kits I've seen only require the extensions on the 2500's.
  7. 1500ExtChevy

1500ExtChevy New Member

When I get around to it or I should say when my tax return comes in and I go get my wheels and tires and then install it all at once I will take pictures and let you know the outcome.
  8. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

Shock absorbers

Bilsteins or Edlebrock.
  9. basher

basher New Member

i put a leveling kit on my 2007 1500 and it had the extensions for the front shocks and i haven't notice anything different
  10. 1500ExtChevy

1500ExtChevy New Member

Now when you say you havent noticed anything different. Do you mean as far as ride quality or the height of the truck? Im interested to know because I still havent done mine and all opinions are a plus. Thanks!