Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shock help

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Upkeep' started by lsutoms, Jun 23, 2012.

1. lsutoms

lsutoms Rockstar 100 Posts

I have a 2009 silverado 1500 lt with the 5.3L flex fuel. I'm ab to roll over 70,000 miles and I've noticed my ride seems more bouncy ESP when hauling trailers which is pretty regularly. Could my shocks be worn out already? If so what shocks should I replace them with? Should I put heavy duty shocks since I'm hauling regularly and also put load leveling air bags? Or maybe just heavy duty shocks. I also thought about putting regular shocks that are close to my stock ones and putting air bags. I have an onboard air system so the air bags would only run about $230. Any help would be great! Thanks!
  2. lsutoms

lsutoms Rockstar 100 Posts

I should also add that I'm running 295/70/17 Toyo mt's. Thought that this combined with hauling could be a reason that they would be worn out already
  3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

As you Regularly Tow and Haul Trailers, and having 70K Miles and now your ride is now more bouncy, its possible your Shocks could be worn out??.......going with Air Bags as much as you Tow/Haul, would be the way to go, along with a Set of New Shocks,

I'm running with Edelbrock IAS Shocks and Air Lift Rear Air Bags, and with this setup......the Ride Comfort and Handling is Excellent when Towing, also having a On-Board Compressor, along with the Gauge and Controls in the Cab, this allows me to Adjust the Air Bags for the Change in either the Ride or Road Conditions.....
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  4. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

also check out Bilsteins HD shocks, but airbags for sure for your towing needs
  5. steved

steved Former Member

Airbags can negatively affect the ride by making it "pogo" more...I have had this happen when loaded heavy and a lot of air in the bags. They seem to amplify the rolling bumps...