Shock question

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Jcloud, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Jcloud

Jcloud Rockstar

hi my dad used to own a 2003 f350 fx4 and it came with rancho shocks. After he bought the truck brand new he got a pro comp lift put on and i just found his rancho shocks that are in perfect condition. i was wondering if i could put them on my truck(1998 silverado Z71)? i dont think i can but i want to see what yall have to see. Thanks

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

You will need to measure them from their bottomed out position, and check if they mount the same.. If they allow for the same suspension travel, and mount properly then yes you can it will just take some time with a tape measure..

3. Jcloud

Jcloud Rockstar

ya i will take a look. i think there longer than a stock gasoline truck shocks since they came off a diesel. and diesels normally sit higher. i will measure them and see if it can properly work.

4. murdog94

Well usually a 1 ton 4X4 sits higher there is no difference in Gas or diesel height.
    And now that i realize that you are talking about 1ton shocks (i missed the 3 in the 350 i thought 150) i would just measure you never know.

5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

They won't work, The mounts are differant.

6. murdog94

well there ya go.......