Shocks (again)

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by drzero, Mar 28, 2008.

1. drzero

drzero New Member

Ok for those who dont remember me from the old board I have a:

96 GMC Suburban 1500 4x4
    350 Vortec engine
    Stock height
    3rd seat removed and full length truck vault in the back

So I have been needing some shocks and I came and got some good recommendations and some good tips, (thanks again!).
    What I wound up getting for the rear was the Monroe Sensa trac coil overs
    [​IMG]

I haul a trailer sometimes and the added weight that I carry every day these seemed to fit the bill.

Well got them on and WOW what a improvement truck leveled out nice with a slight forward lean unloaded and handles much better. Tried them down some rough unimproved roads and road like a caddy compared to before. LOL

Hit some pretty hard spots where the truck sat down hard and compressed the shocks and you could feel they were working by wife even commented on the difference. They never bottomed out though and were not too stiff but were more than avg shocks.

The front shocks I was all geared up to get the Bilstein

[​IMG]

till I saw this little blurb
    Footnote: 1 Lower Mount may need additional clearance in order to install 46mm shocks.

What and how much of a modification are they talking about here?

Thanks again for the help!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  2. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have Rancho RS9000X and I love them... they are nine way adjustable harder or softer for highway or offroad use. I also have experience with skyjacker Hydro 7000 and Nitro 8000 I like them too... the ranchos run around 75-80 a piece and the skyjackers run 30-40