1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

shocks for Z71 Silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by chevy03, Nov 4, 2012.

1. chevy03

chevy03 New Member

i have an 03 chevy silverado 1500 z71 4WD. pretty much stock all around. i'm not to happy with the way it acts when im off road (nothing major mainly bumpy hunting roads etc.) i also haul a 14' trailer. when i use that trailer my truck sags terribly. i know its not to much weight cause my friend hauled the same trailer and there was some sag but not near as much as mine and he has a base model siverado. ive been looking around at different brand and they all have different fit applications (for my year model) for the same shock. ive been looking at bilsteins 5100 series and rancho 7000 series and 9000 series. i liked the 9000 series cause they are adjustable. my question is has anyone used these shocks on the same truck as mine? or will some fit? also do i need a leveling kit or anything? any help would be much appreciated!!
  2. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

go with bilstein 5100's, you will NOT be disappointed!
  3. pilotj

pilotj New Member

My vote is for the Bilstein 5100's too. I love 'em.
  4. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts

I would have to also say go with the bilstein's. How ever that won't fix the sag issue. You may want to look into a Roadmaster kit. It is like a "helper" spring. I know [MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION] has it on his truck and REALLY likes it.
  5. chevy03

chevy03 New Member

so it'd be like a coil over?
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

7. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

i have skyjacker nitro 8000s on the rear end of mine for my lift, and they were definatly a upgrade over the OEMs. they may not be 5100 nice, but they are priced accordingly, if you are looking to save a little $$$$

Alex