1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shocks

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by makthenif, May 9, 2008.

1. makthenif

makthenif New Member

Are the Rancho RSX 9000 good shocks for my '96 C1500? Thanks
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Where do you drive the truck most? On or offroad?
    Rancho is a good offroad shock, there are others better but more expensive.
    Ranch is ok on road, there are better shocks for the same or close amount of money.
  3. makthenif

makthenif New Member

i don't off road. on road exclusively. thanks
  4. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have rancho RS900X on my 95 2500 and i love them.... they are 9 way adjustable for on and offroad use so you can set them up to whatever you want to adjust to your own comfort setting... I really like them off road they not to rough and they work well on road and on the highway as well... i usually keep them in a medium setting around 5 so they work well in both conditions when i want them too.. however, they are relatively expensive and you could go cheaper and still be just as happy...
  5. Robinson76

Robinson76 New Member

Honestly, I have yet to hear anyone talk truly highly about Rancho shocks, expecially for on raod useage.

I am putting billstein's on my 08, personally

If price is not an issue, I would say go with fox
    If it is, I would go with just fabtech or pro comp

But remember, the shox are not going to impact the ride THAT much, it is more about your brand of suspension.

If you have stock suspension, new shocks won't impact the ride THAT much
  6. cchas14

cchas14 New Member

My 1991 Sub is sagging in the rear is that the shocks of the springs? I will also ge a body roll at medium speeds and even worse at highway speeds, I a big fear of quick turns to avoid something in the road. The back end of the truck will feel like it is fishtailing. Can you suggest a fix for this? Shocks? Leaf Springs? Add a leaf? I have been researching this problem, but I do not know what would be the first step.
  7. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

it is your leaves that are sagging. you could always throw an add-a-leaf in there to help them out, but i would say if you wanna pay for it to buy new springs