1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

shocks

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by TroyT, Mar 6, 2009.

1. TroyT

TroyT New Member

Hi guys, i'm looking for some new shocks for my 05 2500HD 2wd, something to provide a gentler ride. i was thinking edlebrock ias shocks. any suggestions?
  2. black jack

black jack New Member 100 Posts

i had them on my 02 z71 avalanche it gave it a nice ride.
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The Edelbrocks are nice. Have dual remotes reservors on my lifted 05 1500 crewcab. Installed on customers non-lifted trucks and they also liked em. They used to have a 30day trile period to try them, if you didnt like return em. Im not sure if they still have the trial period warranty.
  4. tlperry68

tlperry68 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Bilstein maks some good shocks. If on road comfort is what you are looking for, most will do just fine.
  5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I am glad to hear that they have a good ride, I have a brand new set of four still in the boxes for my 2001 S-10. The reason I bought mine was because they were the only aftermarket shocks that were vehicle specific, and I don't like to use universal stuff because of bad past experiences with things. I also got a good deal at Summit Racing during one of there shows, I got them for $80 a piece when they are normally $100 each! I am looking forward to putting them on this summer, thanks for posting this thread.........AMY:great:
  6. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

X2 on the Bilsteins.
  7. TroyT

TroyT New Member

guess i'll go ahead and order a set. they've got to be better than stock. thanx for the feedback
  8. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

bilsteins are great shocks. 5100 or 5150
  9. Twiztidss

Twiztidss New Member

i was also looking for new shocks for my silverado ss. i was thinking bilstein since i had them on my dodge ram and loved them. what do you guys think is the best? i dont offroad this truck it is purely street and a daily driver.