shocks

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by TroyT, Mar 6, 2009.

1. TroyT

TroyT Member

Hi guys, i'm looking for some new shocks for my 05 2500HD 2wd, something to provide a gentler ride. i was thinking edlebrock ias shocks. any suggestions?

2. black jack

black jack Rockstar 100 Posts

i had them on my 02 z71 avalanche it gave it a nice ride.

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

The Edelbrocks are nice. Have dual remotes reservors on my lifted 05 1500 crewcab. Installed on customers non-lifted trucks and they also liked em. They used to have a 30day trile period to try them, if you didnt like return em. Im not sure if they still have the trial period warranty.

4. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Bilstein maks some good shocks. If on road comfort is what you are looking for, most will do just fine.

5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I am glad to hear that they have a good ride, I have a brand new set of four still in the boxes for my 2001 S-10. The reason I bought mine was because they were the only aftermarket shocks that were vehicle specific, and I don't like to use universal stuff because of bad past experiences with things. I also got a good deal at Summit Racing during one of there shows, I got them for $80 a piece when they are normally $100 each! I am looking forward to putting them on this summer, thanks for posting this thread.........AMY:great:

6. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

X2 on the Bilsteins.

7. TroyT

TroyT Member

guess i'll go ahead and order a set. they've got to be better than stock. thanx for the feedback

8. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

bilsteins are great shocks. 5100 or 5150

9. Twiztidss

Twiztidss Rockstar

i was also looking for new shocks for my silverado ss. i was thinking bilstein since i had them on my dodge ram and loved them. what do you guys think is the best? i dont offroad this truck it is purely street and a daily driver.