1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

shocks

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by buster024, Jun 8, 2009.

1. buster024

buster024 New Member

Yo everybody....
    Post #2. I would assume that most of my initial 100 questions will have all been answered before, and someone will inevitably tell me to use some search feature. But....search features are kinda' counterintuitive to forums, so here goes.
    I've basically got a stock '04 2500HD (4dr). She's been a pretty good truck, although the worst of all 4 of my Chevs over the years. My [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]tires[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [​IMG]
    are starting to show significant uneven wear, as well as a worsening ride, and I'm thinking it's time for some new shocks. Short of droppin' it off at Schwabs and just sayin' do it, what other brands or [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]upgrades[/COLOR][/COLOR] should I be looking at? I own quads, and know there are about a million different brands of every type of part you could think to replace, so I'm sure it's even worse for trucks. I would love to get a little height if possible, but really have no idea where to even start looking.
    Thanks for the help in advance!
  2. Trask215

Trask215 New Member

Have you tried getting an alignment done?
  3. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 New Member 1000 Posts

yup you should try and align it