Shocks

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by rileyjr16, Sep 25, 2011.

1. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I have a 99 GMC Sierra Z71 new body and it rides generally stiff. I'm 19, but I don't take her offroading. She has 215,000 miles and can go alot more. She (Coors) is riding at stock height other than factory torsion keys turned 3/4 way up. I want to go with new shocks all around, something that will give me a smoother ride. I haul a boat every now and then and will be hauling in upwards of 4 tons of trees this year for the bonfire (S Louisiana tradition). Any good shocks you guys would recomend that would give me a somewhat smoother ride before I go dump money on shocks I'm not happy with. I'll see if I can put up a picture of Ole Coors.

Attached Files:

• 021.jpg
      021.jpg
      File size:
      13.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I just got new shocks put on yesterday. Mine had 201K on them. I put on some Monroe Sensatracs and now the truck feels like a Cadillac compare to before.

3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

As said many times before Bilstiens or KYB... True Shock makers....

4. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I have always liked Bilsteins...

5. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I know I'm running load bearing shocks in the back, but I don't know what brand. The front I think is Bilstein and they squeak like no other. I'll probably wind up going with a 3 inch suspension lift and running 32s or 33s in about a year or two.

6. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Bilsteins.......There are no others

7. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Bilsteins for any lifted truck.
    If you keep it stock the Sensatracs are a great shock with a lifetime warranty. As an automotive rep I sold thousands of the Monroe shocks and never got a complaint from anyone.
    I also sold the Monroe shock for Class 5,6,7 and 8 trucks and truckers love 'em.
    Again , I do not recommend for lifted trucks or chopped trucks.