1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shocks

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by rileyjr16, Sep 25, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I have a 99 GMC Sierra Z71 new body and it rides generally stiff. I'm 19, but I don't take her offroading. She has 215,000 miles and can go alot more. She (Coors) is riding at stock height other than factory torsion keys turned 3/4 way up. I want to go with new shocks all around, something that will give me a smoother ride. I haul a boat every now and then and will be hauling in upwards of 4 tons of trees this year for the bonfire (S Louisiana tradition). Any good shocks you guys would recomend that would give me a somewhat smoother ride before I go dump money on shocks I'm not happy with. I'll see if I can put up a picture of Ole Coors.

Attached Files:

• 021.jpg
      021.jpg
      File size:
      13.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I just got new shocks put on yesterday. Mine had 201K on them. I put on some Monroe Sensatracs and now the truck feels like a Cadillac compare to before.
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

As said many times before Bilstiens or KYB... True Shock makers....
  4. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 New Member 100 Posts

I have always liked Bilsteins...
  5. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I know I'm running load bearing shocks in the back, but I don't know what brand. The front I think is Bilstein and they squeak like no other. I'll probably wind up going with a 3 inch suspension lift and running 32s or 33s in about a year or two.
  6. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Bilsteins.......There are no others
  7. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Bilsteins for any lifted truck.
    If you keep it stock the Sensatracs are a great shock with a lifetime warranty. As an automotive rep I sold thousands of the Monroe shocks and never got a complaint from anyone.
    I also sold the Monroe shock for Class 5,6,7 and 8 trucks and truckers love 'em.
    Again , I do not recommend for lifted trucks or chopped trucks.