Short in power seat, airbag, seat heater

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by petek1065, Nov 17, 2009.

1. petek1065

petek1065 New Member

On my 2003 Suburban LT I have a short that is making the passengers side power seat, airbag, and both seat heaters not function. I disconnected the wiring bundle coupling under the back rear of the passenger seat to stop the short circuit and at least make the drivers side power seat operational. I've tried to find the wire that might be at fault in my Chilton guide but I can't seem to find it.

When working to find the short I put a pigtailed 40A breaker to replace the fuse so I didn't have to keep buying $4 fuses but the breaker also trips immediately once I recouple the bundle under the passenger seat.

Does anybody have an idea which wire might cause this? I'm sure it's in the bundle between the center console and the passenger seat. I do have front buckets with the console if that helps. I'd appreciate any help somebody can give me.

2. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

My suggestion would be to trace all of your wires from your power seats... Sounds like one got pinched and sheared off at some point and that is most likely causing your short...

3. henrys021500hd

henrys021500hd Rockstar

I had the same problem on my 01 and when I removed the pass seat the feed wire was crimped and the insulation was stripped and when it rained the windshield leaked and wet the floor and shorted the wire. I repaired the wire and re-routed it to cleared the frame and had the windshield replaced as it was pitted from highway use.