1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

short or long headers?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by jtb11872, Dec 15, 2011.

1. jtb11872

jtb11872 New Member

00' Silverado 2500 6.0L.....if I get the long tube will I have to modify the existing exhaust and get rid of the cat converter? I want to keep it street legal.
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Going with Long Tube headers, your Stock Exhaust in most cases will need to be reworked, but you Don't have to get rid of your Cats.
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

DynaTech has NICE long tube headers with optional intermediate pipe with cats. Back in '03 they recieved a GM design award at SEMA for them. I have shorties now BUT will be getting the DynaTech long tubes.
  4. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'm not very knowledgable about headers in the truck world! I can tell you that I have spent a lot of time on the Corvette forums. I know in most cases, guys that used short headers weren't happy and ended up getting the longtubes with cats and a catback system. I would say the best headers out there are probably Kooks