Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Shot heard Around the world protest

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by the phantom, Jan 5, 2014.

1. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Not sure if anyone has heard this but there is a protest against one of the most stringent gun laws in the nation called the NY safe act taking place this Saturday at Noon.

Its a huge story that according to local papers has gained a lot of momentum and support (even worldwide to Japan) to shoot one shot (safely obviously) at noon on Saturday January 11th to protest the law.

Ive heard recently that most of the law has stayed intact but one part was struck down by a judge stating that the part stating that only 7 rounds was the maximum allowed in any magazine or clip. He ruled that unconstitutional but other than that most of the law remains. Such as registering any semi-automatic rifle with a military type feature,re-certifying your pistol permit every 5 years, requiring any mental health profesionals to send patient lists to authorities so they can check if guns are owned by the patients. Can no longer purchase semi-automatic rifles in NY. And there is more to it thats all I can recall off the top of my head.

Im getting a couple buddies together and wer'e going to make sure people hear ours. Ive got about 5 lbs of Tanerite thats gonna really make my anti-gun nieghbor dirty his pants.:lol:

2. zuki82

zuki82 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

didn't know about it, but that's OK. My neighbor and I did a bunch of shooting that day anyhow!

3. the phantom

Its tomarrow January 11th. You havent missed it yet. If ya cant shoot at least go outside at noon and see if ya hear it.

4. zuki82

I heard Remington was gonna move out cuase of the safe act! I say, "See ya later!" They give us up-staters a bad name! When you put a warranty on a product, you should honor that warranty! Well, they made their money, I reckon that's all that matters to them! And I learned my lesson! NEVER BUY ANOTHER REMINGTON!

- - - Updated - - -

I miss read your post! Down side is, I have to work days sat. and sun.!

5. the phantom

Yeah i had an issue with a remington that i was sol on. Im sad to see that its laws like this that drive businesses(jobs) away but Ny needs to learn a lesson. Older remingtons were good but to keep cost down quality and warranty backing probably has to suffer. They need to make more 22 bullets though is all i got to say. Still worth their wieght in gold.

6. zuki82

I really like the CCI's. They shoot very well in my now illegal .22! From what I've heard, two other "gun" companys have already moved out of NY. They made parts for AR's I, myself, will be moving out as soon as possible, also! I don't know when, but its gonna happen! I wanna go back to Elpaso!!!!

7. the phantom

Oh I hear there. I was born and raised here and its tough. But as i grow older Im becoming less tolerant of snow, cold, ny government and their dumb laws we paid them outrageous taxes to think up. Im on a 5 to 10 year goal/plan to sell and move outa here. I hope someone wants to buy and move in.lol

8. zuki82

Just got home from work,,, how did it go?

9. the phantom

unfortunately I couldnt participate because of the downpouring rain at my house. But I talked to someone in the village I live in and she went outside at noon and did hear several shots fired and even people were blowing their horns. I guess if anything its just the thought that counts. Our words fall on deaf ears in Albany I cant see why they would hear this.

10. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I must've been out of it because I didn't hear about this until late today. I saw some videos online that looked like there were good turnouts at different ranges across the state. Glad to hear that the majority of gun owners here in NY haven't given up the fight. I hope to get to the range the next few days, especially since I recently got my pistol license and got a Christmas present to shoot.