Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Should Chevy make another minivan?

Discussion in 'Chevy Crossover Forum' started by gzilla46, Jul 7, 2012.

1. gzilla46

gzilla46 New Member

It has been at least 4 years or so since the discontinuation of the Chevy Uplander.
    [​IMG]
    Well, you know what, I personally think Chevy should make another attempt at making a minivan. I think it could make them a decent amount of money. They could bring back the uplander, redesign it a little. What do you think?

2. Revredneck

Revredneck Rockstar 100 Posts

I think it's a good idea. Minivans meet my family's transportation needs better than any other configuration, and I'm not too keen on buying a Dodge.
    Good Luck and God Bless

3. post3ll

post3ll Member

in my mind its a no brainer. my mom ended up getting a sienna and she is dissatisfied.. without a doubt they could make money on it. the dealership i work for even uses the old uplanders to this day as customer shuttles.

4. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Families buy them; I still see new ones all over. I say yes.

5. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Personally, I'm undecided on that one. The only difference between a minivan and what other companies are replacing them with is that a minivan has sliding doors. I think Ford has the right idea... ditch the classic minivan for something like the Flex. Its square, it looks cool, its got all the features you could want, and its not nearly as un-cool as a minivan has always been considered to be because its got 4 real doors, but its not quite a station wagon.

As much as minivans have a big market, I think crossovers that give you the interior space without all of the height of a full-on SUV are the way to go.

6. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I never liked mini vans and since I am not married and don't have kids, I guess I am not worried, but I will say it now. A mini van will not replace a crew cab truck, tahoe or suburban and it is funny watching mini van dad's put the petal to the metal trying to show their mini van off to a truck...... makes for great video.

7. 2k8z71

2k8z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

I think they should. And put a turbo 4 cyl in it. Maybe use a 2.0L and make around 260hp, seats six and isn't SUV heavy. Oh and it has to not look boring. lol

8. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Of course they should, it keeps the soccer moms and office geek dads out of the cool cars and retains their cool factor.

9. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Yes they should. It should be similar to the old panel vans form years gone by, with some cool upgrades. No not those PT cruiser wannabes they need to have 4 wheel drive and clearance and stability. They need at least 16 inch tires and not lo pros.
    Maybe like an Anglia or that would be awesome looking

10. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I think that they should. The cross overs and suvs don't fit some of the needs that the mini van did. The Chrysler vans are everywhere. People buy them like crazy still. Our friends just bought a fully loaded Chrysler van for around $24000. I mean fully loaded. The dealer also offered them a warranty for $2000 that will fix any mechanical issues for the life of the vehicle. I hate to say it, but if I could afford a new vehicle I might have to jump on one of those. Although it would take some getting used to driving around, I would not have an issue driving a mini van. I used my dad's 1990 safari minivan as a work truck for 7 years. I never had a mechanical issue and gave it back to him with 230,000 miles on it. Then my nephew and his family drove it for another 3 years.