Should GM buyout Chrysler?

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by ChevyFan, Apr 1, 2007.

?

Should GM buyout Chrysler?

1. Yes! Bring them under GMs control and management

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  2. NO! Stay away from them.

19 vote(s)
    39.6%
  3. Maybe, depends on how the relationship would workout.

22 vote(s)
    45.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

It's a possibility!

2. Mcontrols

Mcontrols New Member

Together they could produce a new "Ramhoe", Hemburbon, Corviper, Astroram, a complete new line of Chevryslers.

MC

3. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

GM + Chrysler = ????

GM has enough "on their plate" trying to fight off Toyota, without taking on more "liability" IMO.

4. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Got to agree, the guys in charge can’t make a profit because they won’t listen to anyone as it is.

5. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I heard Magna International was the bigger contender as of Fri, GM was standing on sidelines. Still a possiblity though. They said it would strain there troubles to breaking point.

6. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

one bad apple spoils the lot. I think Chrysler would inevitably be that bad apple.
    Probably not a good idea for GM to acquire Chrysler. However it could either push sales through the roof due to the publicity of the acquisition, or drive a ton of people away.

I'd just be afraid that they would start sticking hemi's in the suburban. I'm not saying it's not a good engine, but it just wouldn't be right.:neutral:

7. mr.copenhagen

mr.copenhagen Rockstar 100 Posts

well i would like to see the option of the cummins diesel in chevy trucks..now i know im a GM guy but when i buy diesel i allways get a cummins, even tho i dont like the style of the dodge trucks the cummins in my opininon is better thananything else on the road

8. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The cummins is a good engine, but for me I'd still prefer a Duramax. I don't see any reason to drive a vehicle, and have it sound like a school bus or dump truck. I like the fact that the Duramax can get the job done just as well, but quietly.

9. johnnybubu

johnnybubu New Member

I would stand in line for a WranglerX-LS1!!

10. quickzilverado

quickzilverado Rockstar

bahh..NOOO heehe....would not want a hemi in a chevy truck :(