1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Should GM buyout Chrysler?

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by ChevyFan, Apr 1, 2007.

?

Should GM buyout Chrysler?

1. Yes! Bring them under GMs control and management

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  2. NO! Stay away from them.

19 vote(s)
    39.6%
  3. Maybe, depends on how the relationship would workout.

22 vote(s)
    45.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

It's a possibility!
  2. Mcontrols

Mcontrols New Member

Together they could produce a new "Ramhoe", Hemburbon, Corviper, Astroram, a complete new line of Chevryslers.

MC
  3. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

GM + Chrysler = ????

GM has enough "on their plate" trying to fight off Toyota, without taking on more "liability" IMO.
  4. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Got to agree, the guys in charge can’t make a profit because they won’t listen to anyone as it is.
  5. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I heard Magna International was the bigger contender as of Fri, GM was standing on sidelines. Still a possiblity though. They said it would strain there troubles to breaking point.
  6. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

one bad apple spoils the lot. I think Chrysler would inevitably be that bad apple.
    Probably not a good idea for GM to acquire Chrysler. However it could either push sales through the roof due to the publicity of the acquisition, or drive a ton of people away.

I'd just be afraid that they would start sticking hemi's in the suburban. I'm not saying it's not a good engine, but it just wouldn't be right.:neutral:
  7. mr.copenhagen

mr.copenhagen Rockstar 100 Posts

well i would like to see the option of the cummins diesel in chevy trucks..now i know im a GM guy but when i buy diesel i allways get a cummins, even tho i dont like the style of the dodge trucks the cummins in my opininon is better thananything else on the road
  8. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The cummins is a good engine, but for me I'd still prefer a Duramax. I don't see any reason to drive a vehicle, and have it sound like a school bus or dump truck. I like the fact that the Duramax can get the job done just as well, but quietly.
  9. johnnybubu

johnnybubu New Member

I would stand in line for a WranglerX-LS1!!
  10. quickzilverado

quickzilverado Rockstar

bahh..NOOO heehe....would not want a hemi in a chevy truck :(