1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Should I buy this 04 gmc sierra?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by pontiacGTP123, May 26, 2009.

1. pontiacGTP123

pontiacGTP123 Rockstar 100 Posts

Well I found a white 2004 gmc sierra, 3/4 ton 6.0L. reg cab long bed with a hood scoop in excellent shape for $5,000 . The catch is that its got a rebuilt title but never has been wrecked. Somebody stole it took the engine and transmission out. It now has a newer 2005 6.0L. with about 60,000 miles on it along with a brand new allison transmission The truck itself has 84,000 miles on it. Its got the cheap cloth package, with standard non cd radio, no cruise, no power window or door locks. It also has the polished factory rims which needs tires. Is it worth it?
  2. AJ's Sierra

AJ's Sierra Rockstar

me personally i wouldnt by it
  3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

x2 on wouldn't but it.
  4. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

My biggest concern on that truck would be the stock transmission with the 6L engine. My stepdad had one, replaced it once, 2nd was going - in about 14 months of ownership. That won't be a problem with the alisson. The price is right, so it comes down to whether you want to own it when you know its history. Totally up to you there. IT probably wouldn't stop me personally. hope this helps