Should I do a leveling kit?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by southernchevy, Aug 12, 2014.

1. southernchevy

southernchevy New Member

Okay, so I have a 2-wheel drive 1994 chevy Cheyenne. A lot of people I've talked to in my town (Corpus Christi) don't suggest getting a leveling kit for my truck because you don't get much out of it for the price it costs. Which I understand.. But it is driving me absolutely crazy to have the front end so much lower than the back end. Does any one have alternate suggestions or a leveling kit that I should get?

And I really know, next to nothing about leveling kits and that sort if thing.. So let's keep it simple please, lol!

-thank you!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407873909.440056.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407873919.900707.jpg

2. squatchy

squatchy Active Member 100 Posts

Are you sure the suspension isn't already altered? that front end looks really low to me.

3. southernchevy

southernchevy New Member

No it's just always been that way, as far as I know. This is my uncles first truck that I got for school because it was free. We put new shocks on it when I got it. It's also got that big grill guard. When I took off the grill guard to paint it, it went up almost 2 inches.

4. southernchevy

southernchevy New Member

Also, the truck has been going to the same mechanic since it was bought and he's never said anything about altering the front, but he and I both want to raise the front end. It's driving me absolutely crazy.

5. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

6. southernchevy

southernchevy New Member

I couldn't find one for a 1994 chevy.. And I really don't know what kind to look for, that's what my mechanic is doing I just don't know if it'll do what I need it to do all the way.

7. buckmeister2

buckmeister2 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

How much have you been quoted for leveling? When something bugs you so much about your truck that you really don't like it, it is worth a reasonable amount to get it fixed. Can't imagine it would be more than a couple hundred, but I could be wrong.

8. southernchevy

southernchevy New Member

I'm not really too concerned about a price really.. Just want him to look pretty..

9. Chevyboy2001

Chevyboy2001 New Member

. A coil spacer isn't but a little over $100. If it's a coil.