should I or not

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Curky, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Ok, I have a 08 Silverado WT 2WD V6. Going to have for 6-10yrs. should I lift it? Should I put the money into it?
    I want to lift it. I still have to level it but think I will just do the lift. I don’t know off hand but I already know the tires are larger then what come stock. If I do put money into it should I start shock and springs and then tires? Or lift kit or what. What I want to do and what I should do is so confusing to me.

2. MTM

MTM Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I would just go ahead and do the the lift then do tires and wheels. Just save so you can do it all at once so you don't look stupid running around with a nice lift and little tires

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I agree with MTM...

4. 07XCSB

07XCSB Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

X3. Save up so you can do it all at once.

5. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Why are you going to lift a 2 wheel drive truck?

6. MTM

Why not just because it's 2wd does not mean you can't lift it

I'm not trying to brag but you can't say this doesn't look good.
    4'' rough country lift on 32's

0205011420 - Copy (2).jpg

7. 07XCSB

07XCSB Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I see nothing wrong with lifting a 2wd if thats what you want. I'm thinking about lifting my 93 to clear 32's.

8. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I am not saying that it looks bad. I am an off roader from way back, and the trucks I have lifted were done for function more than form. I guess I still feel that lifting a truck is done to make it more capable off road. The 2 wheel drive trucks I have had were more street truck flavored... Like a sport truck. I guess I have always felt like 4x4s were meant to be lifted and 2 wheel drives were more for handling and performance on the street.

Again... Not trying to insult anyone.

My '03 2 Wheel Drive:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  9. MTM

Oh no I'm not trying to be rude by any means no insult taken. I understand 100% what you mean. I guess it just comes down to you application and whether your after look or performance?

10. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If you're planning to keep it for the long haul, which it sounds like you are, then I say go ahead and put the money in if you have the money to spare and it's what you want. It's your truck. I agree will all other posters, figure out exactly what you want to do and do it all at once. You'll be a lot happier in my opinion. As far as 2wd vs 4wd, I wouldn't worry about that. Even offroad, depending on what you're doing with it, there are a lot of extremely offroad capable 2wd vehicles. This typically applies more to desert type runs. What it really comes down to though is what you want since it's your truck. How much lift are you looking for? And are you doing it just for the look? Or are you planning to utilize the additional clearance, and in what terrain?

Once you have that figured out, find a good lift, get some shocks, decide on tires, and consider gears, depending how much lift and what size tires you're getting. The money can add up fast, but it's worth it. IMO